January 3, 2013
For those who are interested to learn about architecture best practices, There is a Free version of Book available in MSDN.
The guide helps you to:
- Understand the underlying architecture and design principles and patterns for developing successful solutions on the Microsoft platform and the .NET Framework.
- Identify appropriate strategies and design patterns that will help you design your solution’s layers, components, and services.
- Identify and address the key engineering decision points for your solution.
- Identify and address the key quality attributes and crosscutting concerns for your solution.
- Create a candidate baseline architecture for your solution.
- Choose the right technologies for your solution.
- Identify patterns & practices solution assets and further guidance that will help you to implement your solution.
Source / Courtesy: msdn.microsoft.com
December 3, 2012
Courtesy: Pluralsight, www.asp.net/mvc
What an amazing video series to have a quick start for ASP.NET MVC..
In one day got a great recap and very quick overview for all parts related to an MVC application…
Here are the links to watch and enjoy the video series from plural sight..
Courtesy: plularsight, www.asp.net
2. Controllers 35 mins
4. Working with Data: Entity Framework 39 mins
5. Working with Data: Validation and Mapping 45 mins
7. Security 43 mins
9. Unit Testing 37 mins
November 25, 2012
I was going through some of the authentication techniques available for .NET application and found Live connect as an interesting area for those who are interested to create Windows 8 Metro and web based multi user applications primarily on Windows/ .NET platform.
Few Highlights here…
- Makes it easy for apps, websites and mobile devices to integrate with Live ID, Skydrive, Hotmail & Messenger
- Supports OAuth/REST/XMPP
- Libraries for web, Windows, Windows phone available
- Integration with Visual studio
And more here already… I don’t need to write again a detailed blog….
December 5, 2010
I found some important links to learn .NET (framework 4).
Just wanted to capture in a blog…
Inspired by my friend Muruga, he has done something like this for WCF .
Only difference is he had posted after became expert, but i am posting as a beginner.. 🙂
Accessing Data with Microsoft .NET Framework 4
Beginner’s Guide to the ADO.NET Entity Framework:
IMPORTANT: Guidance for Choosing the Right Data Access Technology for Your Application Today
LINQ to SQL:
Beginner’s Guide to WCF Data Services
Data Development Webcasts and Events
Web Applications Development with Microsoft .NET Framework 4
March 12, 2009
Yesterday I attended MSDN session. It was a nice session on VS 2010, .NET 4.0 , WPF and Silverlight
The below are the topics covered…
Composite Script control.
Script reference profiler.
Ajax control Toolkit.
Velocity – for chaching..
WPF and Silverlight intro…
March 8, 2009
I believe both Microsoft and the industry
should really bet their future around XML. The standards around XML
are key to where we need to go.
Bill Gates – Fall Comdex 2000